route in Gluon Control Station

All questions related to the configuration tool and groundstation

Moderator: lukasz

route in Gluon Control Station

Postby sidewind » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:20 pm

I’ve planned a route in Gluon Control Station. The more or less just like in your example.

Replay: funjet flight. As you can see in my last Sunday’s flight, I can’t manage to pass by the first standby. However, in your example, you can. Also, at the starting point, you see the plane flies away, following an unknown runway. This happens regularly at start.

Motor auto throttle cruise and max are OK.

16102011.rar

Michael
--> Please visit my big scale models side: http://www.sidewind.be <--
sidewind

Re: route in Gluon Control Station

Postby Tom » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:05 pm

Hi Michael,

Great to see you're still playing along with the gluonpilot after all this time!

The line along the "unknown runway" is the command
CLIMB(40m)

As long as the plane has not reached 40 meters altitude, it will continue to fly in the take-off direction.

The circle he keeps flying is the "Standby" circle. The GOTO command will always move it back to the same circle, that's why you flew the same circle for a very long 21 km :-) Nice endurance plane ;-)

In the GluonCS you will notice buttons: "Standby", "Route", "Descent" and "Flare". If you use wireless telemetry (such as XBee's), you can press those buttons during flight in order to move to this block of waypoints.
If you don't have XBee's you will need to find another trick to do that.
For example:

BLOCK(standby)
CIRCLE(...)
UNTIL(Channel5) > 1600
BLOCK (route)

assuming channel 5 is some kind of a switch on your RC-transmitter (check this using gluonconfig). You can test this on the ground using your FTDI cable. He will stay in the standby circle as long as channel5 < 1600. When you switch the switch on your RC-remote, he will move on to the next block (route).
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Software