RC Input isn´t working?

General discussions on the Gluon-project that don't fit elsewhere. If required, I will create more subforums.

Moderator: lukasz

Re: RC Input isn´t working?

Postby Tom » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:34 pm

After you click on this button you have to "Burn" to make sure this configuration will be used when the module is rebooted...
Tom
Site Admin

Postby D4RK1 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:27 pm

aah.. i got that wrong before.. i thought that "set for configuration" button was some sort of "test mode". If i understand correctly its the update rate for the different sensors..

Ok.. other questions =)

First, i wonder why the artificial horizon in the Dashboard isn´t responding, when i move the module. If i look in the sensors tab i can see the values changing... so i guess its working.

Second, i connected a servo to output No1 on the module... should be the 1st Aileron Servo since i am Using Aileron as Output Mix. I managed to get it centered by rebooting the module. But if i change from Manual Mode to Stabilization Mode or Autopilot, the Center is off..

What did i miss this time :P
D4RK1

Postby Tom » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:35 pm

First we should get the artificial horizon moving.
Are you sure you calibrated the sensors correctly and did a "Write" and "Burn" followed by a reboot?
Tom
Site Admin

Postby D4RK1 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:43 pm

Well i didn´t even know they needed calibration...oh.. ok.. i just checked the wiki.. thats covered in "stabilized flight", i am too far ahead with my questions ^^
D4RK1

Postby D4RK1 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:53 pm

ok..i am happy to anounce the dashboard is working :P
D4RK1

Postby Tom » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:01 pm

All right!

Keep working like this and you'll be flying tomorrow ;-)
Tom
Site Admin

Postby D4RK1 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:12 pm

Well.. maybe i should get my old ES off the wall and put some stuff in... btw. Tom... i am planning on using the Gluon in an EPP FPV plane from Hobbyking.. thing is... this bird likes to be steered with both Aileron and Rudder, any chance it would be possible to add a "Mixer-Function" for that purpose?

I guess it would turn with only aileron too, but not as neatly as with rudder.
D4RK1

Postby Tom » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:58 pm

Yes I might add an extra output for that. You could also use a 2-lead from one of the aileron signals to steer the rudder.

Rudder only also doesn't work?

I use an easystar with only ailerons and a funjet for most of my flight tests...
Tom
Site Admin

Postby D4RK1 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:19 pm

no rudder only just makes it waggle its tail ^^ What do you mean by using a 2-lead.. ah i think i get it.. an y-cable..hmm... not sure, because i would like to use aileron differential. And i would like to be able to specify how much rudder is mixed. So far i have been flying it with 50% rudder.. that seems to be working fine.
D4RK1

Previous

Return to General