Battery sensor burn

Questions or remarks on the Gluonpilot-module? Put them here!

Moderator: lukasz

Battery sensor burn

Postby fba » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:40 pm

Hello

I did a mistake, I connected battery 1(2S) and 2 (3S) together , 3S to pin V1.I smell like burn, :-(. Now Gluon base station doesn´t show the battery 1 level but yes the 2nd.
Can I replace any part to fix this? diode??
Francisco
fba

Re: Battery sensor burn

Postby small_rc » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:27 pm

Look carefully at the board. Use a big magnifier lens. Follow the trace from the two battery positions. You will find either a component has burned or the trace has lifted off the board.

If you have a camera that will take extreme close ups like the attached picture, then take pictures all over the board, both sides. View on a large computer screen.

When you find what you think is burned, post the picture here.

Then we can tell you what needs to be done.

Jim H
Attachments
IMGP0524-smaller.JPG
OSD chip and USB connector
IMGP0524-smaller.JPG (200.1 KiB) Viewed 32403 times
small_rc

Postby Tom » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:09 am

I expect it's a resistor that smells burned you should be able to see it when looking closely. Let's hope the board internal ADC isn't damaged.
Tom
Site Admin

Postby fba » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:49 pm

Hello, I have not a good camera, only my cellular.
I have tested the tracks from V1 and V2 using a multimeter. They are join to the main chip, among resistors R15 & R17. I have measured the resistor values and both are Ok. I measdured the diode near to R17 (¿D1?) becasue has some black part like others diodes and the value is 643 oms.

Image Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Francisco
fba

Postby small_rc » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:00 am

I measured the resistance across the diode. It is open one way. That is no conductivity and about 575 ohms the other way. I measured a second unit and got 571 ohms.

The power from the V1 comes from the power connector middle pin. It goes through the solder jumper SJ.BAT and then through an 8.2k Ohm resistor R15. Then it goes to the CPU.

V2 is very similar. It goes from the pin labelled V2 through R11 and to the CPU.

Check for continuity from the CPU side of R11 and R15 and the CPU itself, on pins 32 and 33. There should be continuity and virtually no resistance. This check makes sure the trace on the board is not damaged. If it is then it can be repaired with a fine jumper wire.

Check that R11 and R15 are about 8.2K ohms. These should be very accurate at 8.2K ohms.

Then check between the middle pin of the power connector and R15. There should be continuity and almost no resistance. Again if the circuit is open then the trace has been damaged. Find the trace that is burned off and replace.

If the circuit between the power connector and the CPU is fine then the CPU may have been damaged. It is less than $10.00 from DigiKey The real test is can you unsolder and replace it?

If you could post the same size picture of the other side of the board we can look at that as well.

Thanks

Jim
small_rc

Postby Tom » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:28 pm

Voltage input 1 goes through R15 (8,2k) and R16 (2k).

Does this information help?
Tom
Site Admin

Postby fba » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:33 pm

"It goes through the solder jumper SJ.BAT and then..."

I have soldered a wire between jumper and R15, the track is damage under ¿big yellow capacitor 107D?. It´s Ok now.

Tom, could this affect to Autonavigation mode? I had some bugs.

Thanks both again
Francisco
fba

Postby Tom » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:49 pm

Hi Fransisco,

Yes the route under the big cap appears to be the thinnest line which breaks first. Very inconvenient it is located under the cap. I will need to change that in the next iteration of the hardware!

This should not affect flight performance!

Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby pasban » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:48 pm

Hi Guys
I would like to know the free space on the autopilot after all the software is installed, and waypoints programmed.
pasban

Postby Tom » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:21 am

Autopilot uC:
Flash: ++
Memory: +

Flash IC:
+++
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Hardware